In 1969, Manna Christian Missions, Inc. came into being, organized to help the plight of the growing Hispanic Community. It began as a source of ministry, providing food and clothes. As time passed, the vision took shape and matured. The need for funding was growing as requests for financial help was pouring in from struggling churches.
Local labor camps were hearing the Gospel with weekly evangelistic teams ministering in the evenings through the use of films, teaching, and music. Others received help in the form of “how to” information. While all this was happening here in Southwest Florida, churches in other areas were receiving ministry help. A church building was built in Texas and another one in the Dominican Republic. Still others were given donations and loaned money.
To provide a vehicle to expand the associated churches sphere of influence and to help expand the kingdom of God through ministry investment.
We are currently located between Fort Myers and Naples, in Bonita Springs, Florida, one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. Our location is unique in that we have an ever-expanding Spanish speaking population. This affords us the opportunity to affect a large number of Hispanic people. Our location also provides us easy access to Latin America via the Miami International Airport, which is reachable within a few hours.
Manna Christian is a 501-C3 non profit corporation in the State of Florida. We are governed by a board of directors with a president, vice president, and secretary/treasurer. We communicate regularly to stay abreast of the ministry and provide proper oversight. Our office is located at 10421 Pennsylvania Avenue in Bonita Springs, Florida 34135. We keep regular hours Monday through Friday.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Scriptures, both the Old and the New Testament.
- Our God is a trinity in unity, manifested in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in his vicarious and atoning death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- That regeneration by the Holy Spirit for the salvation of lost and sinful man, through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ, is absolutely essential.
- In the grace of the gospel of Jesus Christ, that righteousness does not come from the bondage taught by man’s regulations, righteousness cannot be expressed through externals such as clothing or religious attitudes, it is a work of grace that comes into the heart of the believer through the Holy Spirit.
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit, received subsequent to the new birth, with the speaking of other tongues, as the Spirit gives utterance.
- In water baptism by immersion for the believers only, this is a direct commandment of our Lord. All who repent of their sins and believe in Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized. This is an identification with Christ in His death and resurrection; the believers being raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
- In the Lord’s Supper as a commemorative meal; to remember the Lord’s work at the cross; His death, burial and resurrection.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit in the Church, through the gifts of the Spirit. Also in divine healing as a present supernatural work through the church, which was provided through the cross of Jesus Christ.
- In the Second Coming of Jesus. Also in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and lost, they that are saved unto resurrection of life, and they that are lost, unto resurrection of damnation.